Friday, March 20, 2009

My Body is a Temple...and I am Decorating It. [my new TAT]

So there was never a doubt in my mind [despite what I may have said to my mother] that I was going to leave Italy with a new tattoo. So here it is! My newest addition!
















Just a quick explanation of my design...
Its a combination of a compass and a clock. The compass to symbolize my traveling here and hopefully the traveling that I get to continue to do through out my life. The clock to symbolize the time that is always ticking away. And at the top of the clock is '1987', the year I was born. The single hand of the compass/clock is a short moment away from ticking back to the top of the clock, 1987, the moment life began and eventually will end. George coined the term "The Doomsday Compass", which I kind of like. I know its a bit morbid, but its my constant and permanent reminder of my own mortality and to keep living every moment like its the final moment and there won't be another moment like it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment